Widely popular for those who don’t have a high tolerance for wheat or gluten is the Flourless Chocolate Cake. Our recipe for this dense, crispy on the edges, dessert isn’t all that hard to make either. Follow our instructions below to create this decadent chocolate treat.
Flourless Chocolate Cake should not just be considered an alternative for those who can't handle gluten! This dessert is an elegant and delicious finale to the best of the best meals.
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200g butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups almond meal (ground almonds)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Double cream and strawberries, to serve