If you are looking for something different that is also quick and easy to throw together then this salad is a great option for the warmer months. Haloumi is definitely on trend at the moment and when paired with a fresh salad you have yourself a delicious light meal or an entrée. Our recipe also makes a great partner to grilled fish or chicken fresh off the barbecue.
Haloumi cheese is best served immediately, while it is slightly crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
- 250g haloumi cheese, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400g can lentils, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice