If curry is what you're craving then have a go at our homemade Massaman Beef. This mouth-watering recipe is very simple and easy to make. You basically just toss all sauce ingredients into the wok as you prepare them, and simmer together with the beef.
This dish is delicious straight away but if you can fight temptation it is even better when eaten two days later. This gives the flavours a chance to infuse the potatoes even further.
- 500g round or topside steak
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup massaman curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large peeled, cubed potatoes
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Roasted peanuts, extra basil leaves, and steamed rice to serve