Spicy Southern BBQ Chicken Wings: Sticky and spicy these southern style chicken wings are the perfect appetizer for your afternoon BBQ with friends. Serve with a Southern Comfort soaked in Cola.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Southern Comfort
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 dozen chicken wings
1. Lightly brown onion with chopped bacon.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add Southern Comfort, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, chili powder and lemon juice; simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
4. Grill wings, basting often with sauce. Makes 2 dozen chicken wings.